Mast Climbing Work Platforms
XL, XMHC MAST CLIMBING PLATFORMS
The XMHC mast climbing platform is a variation of the basic XM H mast climbing platform model.
The XMHC was specifically designed to assist in the demolition of a 70 metre high (230ft) Chimney in France back in 2006. This modular system is unique in that it locks together around whole cylindrical structures to allow for an efficient and effective completion of the task at hand.
Technical Data of XMHC version
- Speed of elevation 12 m/min (39.37 feet/min)
- Width of platform 2 m (6.56 feet)
- Collapsible extension fences for safety from 0 to 2 m
- Free standing height (over sail) off the last tie 9 m (29.53 feet)
- Height max 250 m (820.2 feet)
- Emergency descent synchronized by gravity in case of power cut off
- Possibility to work with 4 blocks of 1.50 tons (3307 lb) or 2 blocks of 2.50 tons (5511.55 lb)
- Power 32kW
- Big stability
- Big pay load
- Perfect synchronisation among the various parts
- Elevated speed
To see a case history of the Chimney demolition in France.
Click here to download (pdf).
next: Swing Stages and Scaffolding